Friday, January 23, 2009

Hats Galore




I did my volunteer work today at our local tourist information centre, gee I get some comments about my loom knitting, it always starts with 'What are you doing?' followed by lots of AAHH's once I explain and give a small demo.

The hat in the photo to the left was created using a 'Picot Cast On' which Brenda GA created, the pattern for the Picot Cast On can be found at Brenda's Blog-click on the 'Loom Lady' link which can be found on the right hand side of this page.

Once the Picot Cast On is complete the rest of the hat is knitted using the e-wrap knit stitch, once it is long enough, just cast off using the gather method.


The flower was created using 3 different coloured felts and a ladybird button. There are 6 ladybird buttons stitch on the hat in various places.



This hat is a variation of the first hat, I just used a contrasting yarn for the Picot cast on edge and the flower was made from an I-Cord which was from the same yarn and then just stitched and shaped into place.

Hope you like them!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this hat. I am am a big fan of ladybugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, ladybugs are way cool!
    Tha hat was a lot of fun to make.

    ReplyDelete